Friday, August 7, 2015

Favorite's Friday!

Hello Zombie Unicorns, it's Friday so let's see all the magnificent things that made my week better!

So it's tax free weekend and while I don't have the money to go shopping by myself, my wonderful mother took me shopping yesterday for some new clothes for work and school. I recently started a job as a graphic designer on my campus, and I want to look more professional at work, I also like to dress nicer when we have critiques in class. If I'm representing my art I want to make sure I represent it well just like I would if I were presenting at a show or to a potential buyer.
 
We only went to two stores Maurices and Rue21, and while it wasn't quite yet tax free weekend, everything we bought, except one pair of pants, was on sale.
First what I got at Maurices.
This flowy white peasant top with neon orange embroidery. Perfect for the hot start to the school year.
This navy top with small pom-poms on the sleeve as well as white embroidery.

The main reason we went shopping was to get me some new shorts, because very rarely can you find shorts made for long hipped girls like me. These two pairs of shorts are just the right amount of stretch for them to fit comfortably and not ride up. I also bought a pair of navy blue rayon pants that will also be good for hotter days when jeans are out of the question.

And my absolute favorite purchase, these were not on sale but they were a must have. They are so comfortable and breezy. These will definitely get a lot of wear.

And now Rue21, everything we bought was $4 or less! I love this store for their sales but you definitely have to try things on because the sizes are all over the place. Example: I tried on two pairs of jean shorts one was marked 11/12 high waisted, they fit but were too short in the back, another pair said they were 7/8 which is what I wear in jeans and these wouldn't even get over my booty. And when we laid them next to each other they were pretty much the "same size".
 
Anyways first off the bat some ordinary camisols for layering. I try and find items I can wear all year so a lot of pieces are for layering or can be worn multiple ways. 

A beautiful faux chiffon tank with gold buttons. I'm not sure how long this will last because the button holes have a lot of stray strings that catch on the buttons every time you unbutton the shirt.

A staple tank top with a crocheted detail on the back.


And then two pairs of palazzo pants that were $3!


My other favorite of the week is my little friend here Blanksy.
 
I still cant decide what I will make her look like, I have a few ideas though.
Humanoid version of ninetails or mew from Pokémon.
One of the talking flowers from Alice in Wonderland.
Queen Amidala in her parade dress.
Any thoughts, opinions?
Right now Blanksy is keeping guard over the Louvre pyramid with Harley Quinn, on my desk.
 

Another favorite of the week was all the amazing people who helped me move into my dorm, Mom, Dad, my fiancé, and my friend Collin. Thank you guys for making it so much easier!
 
What were your favorites of the week?
 
You can follow my facebook page here to get updates on the when the next blog is up.
And you can follow my pinterest here to see all sorts of things from healthy recipes and art to ideas for my wedding and inspirational quotes.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment