Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tip Tuesday

Tip Tuesday

Hello Zombie Unicorns, with most of the public schools starting here in Oklahoma and colleges starting next week I thought I would share probably my best tip for the school year.

In college it is very easy to fall behind on your school work, the deadlines are much shorter and every professor is different. And it's very easy for students to get overwhelmed and feel like they cant do it. I felt the same way my freshman year, I had deadlines and projects piling up, along with troubles at home, my anxiety level went through the roof and I was afraid that I would end up just like my mom said and not get through college.
But there was one thing that definitely helped put structure into all the chaos and still helps calm the storm of college anxiety. It's something I think any student, whether new or returning, can use.

A Planner!

My first planner I used was a gift from my Uncle, it was pretty small but very handy. Just a simple weekly planner, after that one ran out I bought one with the same format but bigger, it also came in a cover with pockets. Both were very used, I wish I still had them to show you pictures. But one thing that I always ran into was that it would get very cluttered and I didn't have enough space to put the neat list of assignments I needed to.

 

 
This is the planner I bought for this year, personalized with my "new" initials, because once this one ends I will be married.
This is the company that made the planner, I found it on etsy. I bough the academic edition, but this design also came in two other formats to cater to different needs.
 
 

I absolutely love this planner it has so much room in it.

 

It has a great spot for your class schedule, always great to have when navigating campus or if you lose it.


It also has pages for contacts, website passwords, and events.
 


My absolute favorite part about this planner is all the room and organization on the weekly pages.

I could never find something like this in stores, my previous planners had the format of the left page(above) on both sides. And I tend to write a little too big so having different slots for specific tasks is great.
I also absolutely love the ideas cloud and goals box on the monthly pages.
 
Now you don't have to spend a little extra to be organized, some people like to use dry erase calendars and just fill in the small things. Some put it all on their phones.
Ways you can make the store bought planners more organized is use color coded pens for different classes/tasks, sticky notes, or use these arrow markers to put out the week and month ex. in my planner.
Find what makes sense to you, and if this seems too complicated start with a basic list. Getting organized, in at least school work, will definitely help your stress level in school. It did for me.
 

I hope you have a good day and I'll see you tomorrow, don't forget to paint the roses red.

You can follow my facebook page for updates on the new blogs.
You can also follow my pinterest page to see all the magnificent things I find from healthy recipes to art to wedding planning.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment